FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police will step up drunken-driving enforcement throughout Fairfield County on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2.
Police also are offering tips to those planning to celebrate on game day:
- Act responsibly by designating a sober, non-drinking driver before the game even starts.
- Never let a friend drive drunk. Be prepared to call a cab or find a sober driver for a friend that has too much to drink.
- Football pools are legal in Connecticut as long as all of the money taken in for the pool is given back to the winners participating in the pool. No percentage or cut can be taken by the person organizing the pool for his/her time and/or expense of running the pool.
- No betting pools of any kind are permitted in any establishment or bar selling alcohol.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48