FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police will step up drunken-driving enforcement throughout Fairfield County on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2.
Police also are offering tips to those planning to celebrate on game day:
- Act responsibly by designating a sober, non-drinking driver before the game even starts.
- Never let a friend drive drunk. Be prepared to call a cab or find a sober driver for a friend that has too much to drink.
- Football pools are legal in Connecticut as long as all of the money taken in for the pool is given back to the winners participating in the pool. No percentage or cut can be taken by the person organizing the pool for his/her time and/or expense of running the pool.
- No betting pools of any kind are permitted in any establishment or bar selling alcohol.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place