NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A Darien man went to the hospital after he was injured when a car pulled in front of his bike in New Canaan, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said.
The man, 52, was riding east on Farm Road by Saxe Middle School on Thursday, May 2, when a vehicle heading west made a left into the middle school, causing a collision with the bike, Ogrinc said. The biker was wearing a helmet, which cracked during the accident, the sergeant said.
He was riding with another biker, who corroborated his story, Ogrinc said.
The driver, 78, of Ridgefield said he did not see the biker and was given a written warning for making an improper turn, she said.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 5 New Canaan Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer