NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A Darien man went to the hospital after he was injured when a car pulled in front of his bike in New Canaan, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said.
The man, 52, was riding east on Farm Road by Saxe Middle School on Thursday, May 2, when a vehicle heading west made a left into the middle school, causing a collision with the bike, Ogrinc said. The biker was wearing a helmet, which cracked during the accident, the sergeant said.
He was riding with another biker, who corroborated his story, Ogrinc said.
The driver, 78, of Ridgefield said he did not see the biker and was given a written warning for making an improper turn, she said.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 3 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday
- 5 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted