NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A Darien man went to the hospital after he was injured when a car pulled in front of his bike in New Canaan, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said.
The man, 52, was riding east on Farm Road by Saxe Middle School on Thursday, May 2, when a vehicle heading west made a left into the middle school, causing a collision with the bike, Ogrinc said. The biker was wearing a helmet, which cracked during the accident, the sergeant said.
He was riding with another biker, who corroborated his story, Ogrinc said.
The driver, 78, of Ridgefield said he did not see the biker and was given a written warning for making an improper turn, she said.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year