NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A Darien man went to the hospital after he was injured when a car pulled in front of his bike in New Canaan, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said.
The man, 52, was riding east on Farm Road by Saxe Middle School on Thursday, May 2, when a vehicle heading west made a left into the middle school, causing a collision with the bike, Ogrinc said. The biker was wearing a helmet, which cracked during the accident, the sergeant said.
He was riding with another biker, who corroborated his story, Ogrinc said.
The driver, 78, of Ridgefield said he did not see the biker and was given a written warning for making an improper turn, she said.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 New Canaan Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning
- 4 State's FBI Chief Details Threat Of Homegrown Terrorism In New Canaan Talk
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield