NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A Darien man went to the hospital after he was injured when a car pulled in front of his bike in New Canaan, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said.
The man, 52, was riding east on Farm Road by Saxe Middle School on Thursday, May 2, when a vehicle heading west made a left into the middle school, causing a collision with the bike, Ogrinc said. The biker was wearing a helmet, which cracked during the accident, the sergeant said.
He was riding with another biker, who corroborated his story, Ogrinc said.
The driver, 78, of Ridgefield said he did not see the biker and was given a written warning for making an improper turn, she said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan