NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A former employee of a New Canaan restaurant is facing charges after police said he caused a scene at his old workplace.
Mauricio Ruiz Cortez, 29, of Forest Street, New Canaan, was charged Tuesday with second-degree breach of peace and third-degree criminal trespass, both misdemeanors.
Police said an employee of Carpe Diem restaurant on Locust Avenue reported Cortez, who was fired from the restaurant, was causing a disturbance inside just before 5 p.m. Tuesday. Police said Cortez was intoxicated, yelling and causing a scene. Police said he was told not to return to the restaurant after his dismissal.
Cortez was arraigned last Wednesday in Norwalk Superior Court and was ordered held on $5,000 bond, according to state court records. He is scheduled to appear next Dec. 18.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 2 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 New Canaan Student Lays Wreath For Soldier At Arlington Cemetery