FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- An elderly Fairfield man was seriously injured when he became pinned between his garage wall and his own pickup truck early Sunday evening, police said.
In a motor vehicle accident at 5:58 p.m. Sunday, "an elderly male operator" was pinned between the door of his vehicle and the wall of a detached garage at his Stratfield Road residence, police said.
The elderly man was located by a neighbor, who called 911 and initiated emergency response, police said. The Fairfield Police and Fire Departments responded.
They assisted American Medical Response in stabilizing the man and removing the vehicle, police said.
The victim was transported to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport by AMR for treatment of his injuries, police said. The extent of his injuries was unknown Sunday night, but his condition was "serious," police said.
The case is currently under investigation by the Fairfield Police Crash Investigation Unit.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'