FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- An elderly Fairfield man was seriously injured when he became pinned between his garage wall and his own pickup truck early Sunday evening, police said.
In a motor vehicle accident at 5:58 p.m. Sunday, "an elderly male operator" was pinned between the door of his vehicle and the wall of a detached garage at his Stratfield Road residence, police said.
The elderly man was located by a neighbor, who called 911 and initiated emergency response, police said. The Fairfield Police and Fire Departments responded.
They assisted American Medical Response in stabilizing the man and removing the vehicle, police said.
The victim was transported to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport by AMR for treatment of his injuries, police said. The extent of his injuries was unknown Sunday night, but his condition was "serious," police said.
The case is currently under investigation by the Fairfield Police Crash Investigation Unit.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 5 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site