DARIEN, Conn. – Two sons of former Darien First Selectman Evonne Klein were among five people arrested Monday in connection with vandalism at the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Bowl.
Michael and Gregory Klein, both 21, of Darien were charged with third-degree criminal mischief, second-degree criminal trespass and conspiracy to third-degree criminal mischief. Kevin Green, 22, William Canning, 21, and Rocco Colandro, 21, were arrested on the same charges. All five were released on a promise to appear in court on Jan. 7.
The arrests stem from an incident at the annual football game against New Canaan High School. A New Canaan player told police that during the game someone urinated on team equipment being kept in the girls locker room. A backpack with $20 was also reported stolen.
Police applied for arrest warrants for the five former Darien High School students after reviewing surveillance tapes.
The Klein brothers are the sons of the former first selectman and her husband, current Darien Democratic Town Committee Chair Randy Klein. Evonne Klein was the first selectman from 2003 to 2009.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan