GREENWICH, Conn. -- The trial for Michael DeMaio, a Greenwich man accused of trying to bludgeon his wife to death, has been put on hold until his divorce is finalized, according to newstimes.com.
Superior Court Judge Gary White ruled to continue the case until May 7, when the divorce papers are expected to be signed, the newstimes.com reported. DeMaio's attorney also said the delay will provide time for psychiatric evaluations of DeMaio to be completed, newstimes.com reported.
DeMaio is accused of attacking his wife, Diane DeMaio, with a baseball bat after she told him of her plans to separate from him. DeMaio fractured Diane's skull and left her in a coma.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Frost Advisory Is In Effect For New Canaan