NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Former New Canaan bank employee and West Haven City Councilor Stephen DeCrescenzo turned himself in to authorities after a warrant was issued for arrest on charges of embezzling more than $170,000, according to ctnews.com.
DeCrescenzo was charged with two counts of first-degree larceny and was unable to post $300,000 bond Friday morning, ctnews.com reported.
He is accused of embezzling the money from the Chase Bank branch in New Canaan while he worked there.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Woman Reports $100K In Jewelry Stolen From Home
- 3 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Young New Canaan Runners Take 3rd In Wilton Cross Country Race
- 5 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey