NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Former New Canaan bank employee and West Haven City Councilor Stephen DeCrescenzo turned himself in to authorities after a warrant was issued for arrest on charges of embezzling more than $170,000, according to ctnews.com.
DeCrescenzo was charged with two counts of first-degree larceny and was unable to post $300,000 bond Friday morning, ctnews.com reported.
He is accused of embezzling the money from the Chase Bank branch in New Canaan while he worked there.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 New Canaan Democrats Named To Posts On Town Boards
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M