NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Former New Canaan bank employee and West Haven City Councilor Stephen DeCrescenzo turned himself in to authorities after a warrant was issued for arrest on charges of embezzling more than $170,000, according to ctnews.com.
DeCrescenzo was charged with two counts of first-degree larceny and was unable to post $300,000 bond Friday morning, ctnews.com reported.
He is accused of embezzling the money from the Chase Bank branch in New Canaan while he worked there.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 Injury To Major League Catcher From New Canaan Tops Week’s News
- 5 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn