NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Former New Canaan bank employee and West Haven City Councilor Stephen DeCrescenzo turned himself in to authorities after a warrant was issued for arrest on charges of embezzling more than $170,000, according to ctnews.com.
DeCrescenzo was charged with two counts of first-degree larceny and was unable to post $300,000 bond Friday morning, ctnews.com reported.
He is accused of embezzling the money from the Chase Bank branch in New Canaan while he worked there.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan