NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Former New Canaan bank employee and West Haven City Councilor Stephen DeCrescenzo turned himself in to authorities after a warrant was issued for arrest on charges of embezzling more than $170,000, according to ctnews.com.
DeCrescenzo was charged with two counts of first-degree larceny and was unable to post $300,000 bond Friday morning, ctnews.com reported.
He is accused of embezzling the money from the Chase Bank branch in New Canaan while he worked there.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'