NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan will celebrate the career of Police Chief Edward Nadriczny this Friday before his impending retirement.
Nadriczny announced his plans to retire in April after 36 years on the New Canaan police force. He joined the department at the age of 22 and was promoted to sergeant and lieutenant before being named chief eight years ago.
“I can’t stress enough how much I enjoyed working with the community of New Canaan and all of the friends that I was able to make over the years,” Nadriczny said in his original retirement statement.
His retirement will begin Friday at which time Capt. Leon Krolikowski will take over the department as the interim chief.
The retirement party will be from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. at the Italian Center, 1620 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Tickets are $65 and include a buffet-style dinner, open bar and gift.
Purchase tickets online here.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 3 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In New Canaan; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight