NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A 50-year-old repairman recently turned himself in to New Canaan police on charges of stealing a $40,000 diamond from a ring while he was working in a local home, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Mario J. Pizighelli III, of Newtown, was working on the victim's home in May for his employer, Norwalk-based Stark Carpet. The victim said Pizighelli went from the home to his van twice before starting work despite appearing to have all the tools needed to begin working, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The victim later noticed that the 2.15-carat diamond had been pried out of her engagement ring, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend