NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A 50-year-old repairman recently turned himself in to New Canaan police on charges of stealing a $40,000 diamond from a ring while he was working in a local home, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Mario J. Pizighelli III, of Newtown, was working on the victim's home in May for his employer, Norwalk-based Stark Carpet. The victim said Pizighelli went from the home to his van twice before starting work despite appearing to have all the tools needed to begin working, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The victim later noticed that the 2.15-carat diamond had been pried out of her engagement ring, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year