NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A 50-year-old repairman recently turned himself in to New Canaan police on charges of stealing a $40,000 diamond from a ring while he was working in a local home, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Mario J. Pizighelli III, of Newtown, was working on the victim's home in May for his employer, Norwalk-based Stark Carpet. The victim said Pizighelli went from the home to his van twice before starting work despite appearing to have all the tools needed to begin working, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The victim later noticed that the 2.15-carat diamond had been pried out of her engagement ring, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Straight A's For New Canaan Schools Tops Week’s News
- 5 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects