NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A 50-year-old repairman recently turned himself in to New Canaan police on charges of stealing a $40,000 diamond from a ring while he was working in a local home, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Mario J. Pizighelli III, of Newtown, was working on the victim's home in May for his employer, Norwalk-based Stark Carpet. The victim said Pizighelli went from the home to his van twice before starting work despite appearing to have all the tools needed to begin working, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The victim later noticed that the 2.15-carat diamond had been pried out of her engagement ring, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 3 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In New Canaan; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight