NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A 50-year-old repairman recently turned himself in to New Canaan police on charges of stealing a $40,000 diamond from a ring while he was working in a local home, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Mario J. Pizighelli III, of Newtown, was working on the victim's home in May for his employer, Norwalk-based Stark Carpet. The victim said Pizighelli went from the home to his van twice before starting work despite appearing to have all the tools needed to begin working, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The victim later noticed that the 2.15-carat diamond had been pried out of her engagement ring, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued