NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are cautioning residents to be aware of scam artists looking to trick residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
Police Lt. Leon Krolikowski said residents should carefully screen unsolicited calls from contractors or other service providers.
Police said they are aware of recent scam attempts made throughout the state. Residents should report all suspicious persons and/or vehicles to police headquarters at (203) 594-3500.
Communities in Connecticut have experienced property crimes, including burglaries and larcenies, which are related to post-storm conditions, police said.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 New Canaan's Curt Casali Out For Rest Of Baseball Season With Concussion
- 5 Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium Christens New $2.7 Million Spirit Of The Sound