NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are cautioning residents to be aware of scam artists looking to trick residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
Police Lt. Leon Krolikowski said residents should carefully screen unsolicited calls from contractors or other service providers.
Police said they are aware of recent scam attempts made throughout the state. Residents should report all suspicious persons and/or vehicles to police headquarters at (203) 594-3500.
Communities in Connecticut have experienced property crimes, including burglaries and larcenies, which are related to post-storm conditions, police said.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High