NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are cautioning residents to be aware of scam artists looking to trick residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
Police Lt. Leon Krolikowski said residents should carefully screen unsolicited calls from contractors or other service providers.
Police said they are aware of recent scam attempts made throughout the state. Residents should report all suspicious persons and/or vehicles to police headquarters at (203) 594-3500.
Communities in Connecticut have experienced property crimes, including burglaries and larcenies, which are related to post-storm conditions, police said.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'