NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are cautioning residents to be aware of scam artists looking to trick residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
Police Lt. Leon Krolikowski said residents should carefully screen unsolicited calls from contractors or other service providers.
Police said they are aware of recent scam attempts made throughout the state. Residents should report all suspicious persons and/or vehicles to police headquarters at (203) 594-3500.
Communities in Connecticut have experienced property crimes, including burglaries and larcenies, which are related to post-storm conditions, police said.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday
- 5 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm