NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Police are cautioning residents to be aware of scam artists looking to trick residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
Police Lt. Leon Krolikowski said residents should carefully screen unsolicited calls from contractors or other service providers.
Police said they are aware of recent scam attempts made throughout the state. Residents should report all suspicious persons and/or vehicles to police headquarters at (203) 594-3500.
Communities in Connecticut have experienced property crimes, including burglaries and larcenies, which are related to post-storm conditions, police said.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash