NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Is your house number clearly marked for all to see? If not, the New Canaan fire marshal’s office wants you to fix that.
“Put yourself in the emergency responder’s role – police, fire or EMS – and see how difficult the task becomes. Having your street/house number clearly posted so that emergency responders can easily find your home is critical and it is something that you have to do,” a statement said.
“Precious time is lost every day when public safety personnel try to locate an address and all they see are blank mailboxes staring back at them. If there is a number on the box and/or house, their job is much easier and you get the help you need much faster.“
Address numbers should be on mailboxes and houses, at least 4 inches tall in reflective and contrasting material, the statement said. People should also trim weeds, remove snow and ice, and make sure the numbers are visible to oncoming vehicles, the statement said.
People can call the fire marshal’s office at 203-594-3030 with any questions or for more information.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan