NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A man perusing the merchandise at a New Canaan jewelry store grabbed a $30,000 watch and ran away with it on Elm Street on Monday afternoon, police said.
The theft of the Rolex Daytona watch from Henry C. Reid & Son Jewelers at 72 Elm St. was reported just before 2 p.m., police said.
A man entered the store and asked to look at men’s Rolex watches, police said. An employee showed him several watches and the man asked to see the Daytona model, police said. The suspect then grabbed the watch from the employee and ran out of the store, police said. He was last seen running east on Elm Street, police said.
The watch has a 14-karat gold case with a black leather band. The suspect is a dark-skinned man in his 30s, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall with a medium build, police said. The man was wearing a black fedora, black vest, dark pants and patent leather shoes, police said.
Police were reviewing store video surveillance as part of the investigation.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield