NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A man perusing the merchandise at a New Canaan jewelry store grabbed a $30,000 watch and ran away with it on Elm Street on Monday afternoon, police said.
The theft of the Rolex Daytona watch from Henry C. Reid & Son Jewelers at 72 Elm St. was reported just before 2 p.m., police said.
A man entered the store and asked to look at men’s Rolex watches, police said. An employee showed him several watches and the man asked to see the Daytona model, police said. The suspect then grabbed the watch from the employee and ran out of the store, police said. He was last seen running east on Elm Street, police said.
The watch has a 14-karat gold case with a black leather band. The suspect is a dark-skinned man in his 30s, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall with a medium build, police said. The man was wearing a black fedora, black vest, dark pants and patent leather shoes, police said.
Police were reviewing store video surveillance as part of the investigation.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts