NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Michael Savage of New Canaan was arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court on Thursday morning on charges of misconduct with a motor vehicle in a car crash that killed his father in 2011, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Savage turned himself in to police in December after a two-year investigation. The charges is a Class D felony.
Savage was driving a 2009 Maserati Quattroporte on Ponus Ridge near Lakewind Road when it crashed at about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 22, 2011, according to police. James Jackson Savage, of Seattle, died at the scene of the one-car crash, police said.
Michael Savage fled the scene and was located the next morning, about eight hours after the wreck, at Stamford Hospital, according to police.
Savage is currently out of jail on bond.
- 1 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Worked For J.Crew In New Canaan
- 2 Police: New Canaan Family Slept Through Home Break-In
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn