NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Michael Savage of New Canaan was arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court on Thursday morning on charges of misconduct with a motor vehicle in a car crash that killed his father in 2011, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Savage turned himself in to police in December after a two-year investigation. The charges is a Class D felony.
Savage was driving a 2009 Maserati Quattroporte on Ponus Ridge near Lakewind Road when it crashed at about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 22, 2011, according to police. James Jackson Savage, of Seattle, died at the scene of the one-car crash, police said.
Michael Savage fled the scene and was located the next morning, about eight hours after the wreck, at Stamford Hospital, according to police.
Savage is currently out of jail on bond.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued