NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Michael Savage of New Canaan was arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court on Thursday morning on charges of misconduct with a motor vehicle in a car crash that killed his father in 2011, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Savage turned himself in to police in December after a two-year investigation. The charges is a Class D felony.
Savage was driving a 2009 Maserati Quattroporte on Ponus Ridge near Lakewind Road when it crashed at about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 22, 2011, according to police. James Jackson Savage, of Seattle, died at the scene of the one-car crash, police said.
Michael Savage fled the scene and was located the next morning, about eight hours after the wreck, at Stamford Hospital, according to police.
Savage is currently out of jail on bond.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts