NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan man is facing two charges stemming from a two-car accident in January, police said.
Jayson Nelson, 34, of Millport Avenue, turned himself in on a warrant on Feb. 4 and was charged with evading responsibility and interfering with an officer after.
Police said a crash occurred about 6:55 p.m., Jan. 11, on Richmond Hill Road near Park Street. A 45-year-old woman told police that a black Jeep traveling north on Park Street hit the front bumper of her GMC station wagon.
The complainant told officers she was able to see the driver and gave a description of him and wrote down the license plate number of the Jeep as it drove away.
Police contacted Nelson, who told them he was not involved and that his girlfriend had been driving at the time of the wreck. Police said Nelson fit the description given by the complainant.
Nelson was released on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To New Canaan
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 New Canaan Restaurant Joins UB Fundraiser To Help Quake Victims In Nepal
- 5 New Canaan's Voices Of September 11th Plans Golf Outing