NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan man accused of confronting a man dating his ex-wife after a Christmas Mass was arrested by New Canaan Police.
Matthew T. Brust, 47, of Kimberly Place, was charged with second-degree threatening, a misdemeanor.
Police said Brust’s ex-wife and a man she is dating were leaving St. Aloysius Church on Christmas Day when Brust confronted the man, got in his face and made threatening comments.
Brust was released after his arrest. According to state court records, he is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Jan. 7.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued