NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A 96-year-old New Canaan man told police his Smith & Wesson revolver and some cash has been stolen from his home.
The revolver is valued at $650 and $300 in cash was reported taken, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said.
The Harrison Avenue resident reported the larceny to police last Tuesday, saying the last time he saw the money and gun was on Aug. 11, Ogrinc said.
There was no forced entry, but several people have had access to the home, the sergeant said. Police will be following up with people as the case is still under investigation, she said.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades