NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan police charged a mother with two counts of risk of injury to a minor after her son fell off a scooter and fractured his skull, according to newcanaanite.com.
The 7-year-old boy who fell was not wearing a helmet while using his scooter, police said. The state Department of Children and Families became involved in the case because of previous incidents associated with the family, newcanaanite.com reported.
The mother was charged with two counts as the victim's 9-year-old brother was also outside and unattended when the fall occurred, newcanaanite.com said.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 3 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield