NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan police charged a mother with two counts of risk of injury to a minor after her son fell off a scooter and fractured his skull, according to newcanaanite.com.
The 7-year-old boy who fell was not wearing a helmet while using his scooter, police said. The state Department of Children and Families became involved in the case because of previous incidents associated with the family, newcanaanite.com reported.
The mother was charged with two counts as the victim's 9-year-old brother was also outside and unattended when the fall occurred, newcanaanite.com said.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan