NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan police charged a mother with two counts of risk of injury to a minor after her son fell off a scooter and fractured his skull, according to newcanaanite.com.
The 7-year-old boy who fell was not wearing a helmet while using his scooter, police said. The state Department of Children and Families became involved in the case because of previous incidents associated with the family, newcanaanite.com reported.
The mother was charged with two counts as the victim's 9-year-old brother was also outside and unattended when the fall occurred, newcanaanite.com said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Bear Tranquilized, Captured After Romp In Fairfield