NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan police charged a mother with two counts of risk of injury to a minor after her son fell off a scooter and fractured his skull, according to newcanaanite.com.
The 7-year-old boy who fell was not wearing a helmet while using his scooter, police said. The state Department of Children and Families became involved in the case because of previous incidents associated with the family, newcanaanite.com reported.
The mother was charged with two counts as the victim's 9-year-old brother was also outside and unattended when the fall occurred, newcanaanite.com said.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo