NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski said he believes the lawsuit brought against him by the police union claiming he bypassed the union negotiating committee during contract talks with without merit and should be thrown out, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The town and the police department have been battling in negotiations over a new contract for over a year. The complaint clams that Krolikowski presented the entire union a new contract proposal on June 16, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
Krolikowski, however, told the New Canaan Advertiser that the accusations in the complaint are misinterpretations of the law.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Two New Canaan Police Officers Honored For Life-Saving Actions