NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan police are searching for a missing engagement ring valued at more than $18,000, after a resident reported it had disappeared last week, Sgt. Carol Ogrinc said.
The ring was described as 18 karat white gold with a diamond and emeralds and sapphires, the sergeant said. It is valued at $18,350, she said.
The resident, 49, of Bald Hill Road remembers taking it off at 8:30 p.m. on April 28 and noticed it was missing around 1:30 p.m. the next day, Ogrinc said. She reported it missing around 5:25 p.m. on April 29, she said.
There were workers at the house and at least one inside the home that day, Ogrinc said. Police are following up for any leads.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Straight A's For New Canaan Schools Tops Week’s News
- 5 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects