NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Make sure you buckle your seat belts and put down your cell phones if you’re driving in New Canaan on Friday.
The New Canaan Police Department has increased its efforts looking for traffic violations as part of the Click It Or Ticket campaign and several officers have been assigned exclusively to traffic enforcement.
Capt. Leon Krolikowski said officers will be in marked and unmarked vehicles to look for drivers who fail to wear seatbelts, exceed speed limits, use cell phones while driving, follow other vehicles too close or violate traffic laws that contribute to accidents.
Officers will focus those efforts on Heritage Hill, Jelliff Mill, North Wilton, Oenoke Ridge, Old Stamford Road, Ponus Ridge, Silvermine and Smith Ridge roads, Park Street and South Avenue.
Krolikowski said the department is serious about enforcing Connecticut’s traffic laws in an effort to reduce the frequency and severity of motor vehicle accidents.
- 1 New Canaan Police Officer Comes To Rescue Of Choking Victim
- 2 New Canaan Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 3 Stamford's Riko's A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 4 New Canaan Student Arrested At School On Pot Charges
- 5 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol