NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Make sure you buckle your seat belts and put down your cell phones if you’re driving in New Canaan on Friday.
The New Canaan Police Department has increased its efforts looking for traffic violations as part of the Click It Or Ticket campaign and several officers have been assigned exclusively to traffic enforcement.
Capt. Leon Krolikowski said officers will be in marked and unmarked vehicles to look for drivers who fail to wear seatbelts, exceed speed limits, use cell phones while driving, follow other vehicles too close or violate traffic laws that contribute to accidents.
Officers will focus those efforts on Heritage Hill, Jelliff Mill, North Wilton, Oenoke Ridge, Old Stamford Road, Ponus Ridge, Silvermine and Smith Ridge roads, Park Street and South Avenue.
Krolikowski said the department is serious about enforcing Connecticut’s traffic laws in an effort to reduce the frequency and severity of motor vehicle accidents.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan