NEW CANAAN, Conn. – An attempt to wire $72,000 from a New Canaan man’s bank account is under investigation by New Canaan Police.
A 60-year-old Lost District Drive resident complained to police Jan. 18 that someone had used his email address to request that his bank wire $72,000 from his checking account to another account, police said. The transfer was never processed, police said.
The email message had some of the man’s identifying information, police said. The email may have been sent from an address in Florida, police said.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks