NEW CANAAN, Conn. – An attempt to wire $72,000 from a New Canaan man’s bank account is under investigation by New Canaan Police.
A 60-year-old Lost District Drive resident complained to police Jan. 18 that someone had used his email address to request that his bank wire $72,000 from his checking account to another account, police said. The transfer was never processed, police said.
The email message had some of the man’s identifying information, police said. The email may have been sent from an address in Florida, police said.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades