NEW CANAAN, Conn. – An attempt to wire $72,000 from a New Canaan man’s bank account is under investigation by New Canaan Police.
A 60-year-old Lost District Drive resident complained to police Jan. 18 that someone had used his email address to request that his bank wire $72,000 from his checking account to another account, police said. The transfer was never processed, police said.
The email message had some of the man’s identifying information, police said. The email may have been sent from an address in Florida, police said.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana
- 4 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 5 Snow Could Return To New Canaan For Monday Morning Commute