NEW CANAAN, Conn. – An attempt to wire $72,000 from a New Canaan man’s bank account is under investigation by New Canaan Police.
A 60-year-old Lost District Drive resident complained to police Jan. 18 that someone had used his email address to request that his bank wire $72,000 from his checking account to another account, police said. The transfer was never processed, police said.
The email message had some of the man’s identifying information, police said. The email may have been sent from an address in Florida, police said.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'