NEW CANAAN, Conn. – An attempt to wire $72,000 from a New Canaan man’s bank account is under investigation by New Canaan Police.
A 60-year-old Lost District Drive resident complained to police Jan. 18 that someone had used his email address to request that his bank wire $72,000 from his checking account to another account, police said. The transfer was never processed, police said.
The email message had some of the man’s identifying information, police said. The email may have been sent from an address in Florida, police said.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'