NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Police Department is warning residents not to fall for the "Tax Man" phone scam that has claimed victims in Fairfield County, according to Patch.com.
Con artists will call residents claiming to be IRS agents and will threaten arrest if money is not wired to them, Patch.com reported.
Generally, the IRS makes first contact about tax issues via mail. Residents are reminded to never give out personal information or wire funds to an unknown caller, Patch.com said.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan