NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Police Department is warning residents not to fall for the "Tax Man" phone scam that has claimed victims in Fairfield County, according to Patch.com.
Con artists will call residents claiming to be IRS agents and will threaten arrest if money is not wired to them, Patch.com reported.
Generally, the IRS makes first contact about tax issues via mail. Residents are reminded to never give out personal information or wire funds to an unknown caller, Patch.com said.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape