NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Police Department is warning residents not to fall for the "Tax Man" phone scam that has claimed victims in Fairfield County, according to Patch.com.
Con artists will call residents claiming to be IRS agents and will threaten arrest if money is not wired to them, Patch.com reported.
Generally, the IRS makes first contact about tax issues via mail. Residents are reminded to never give out personal information or wire funds to an unknown caller, Patch.com said.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 2 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 New Canaan Student Lays Wreath For Soldier At Arlington Cemetery