NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Police Department is warning residents not to fall for the "Tax Man" phone scam that has claimed victims in Fairfield County, according to Patch.com.
Con artists will call residents claiming to be IRS agents and will threaten arrest if money is not wired to them, Patch.com reported.
Generally, the IRS makes first contact about tax issues via mail. Residents are reminded to never give out personal information or wire funds to an unknown caller, Patch.com said.
- 1 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 2 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 3 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 New Canaan Allstate Agent Michael Saunders Honored For Service