NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Police Department is warning residents not to fall for the "Tax Man" phone scam that has claimed victims in Fairfield County, according to Patch.com.
Con artists will call residents claiming to be IRS agents and will threaten arrest if money is not wired to them, Patch.com reported.
Generally, the IRS makes first contact about tax issues via mail. Residents are reminded to never give out personal information or wire funds to an unknown caller, Patch.com said.
- 1 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 3 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash