NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Three people were rescued from a Woodland Road home that was hit by a tree that fell as Hurricane Sandy stormed in Monday afternoon, New Canaan Selectman Nick Williams reported.
Williams first reported the incident on his Twitter feed (@NickWilliamsNC2) at 5:52 p.m. Monday, saying that New Canaan police and firefighters were responding. He reported at 6:03 p.m. that the residents were freed. The residents were not injured and are safe, Williams said later.
New Canaan emergency officials have reported at least 30 fallen trees and power lines Monday. More trees are expected to fall as Hurricane Sandy arrives on shore.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 2 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Target, With Four Fairfield County Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs