NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Three people were rescued from a Woodland Road home that was hit by a tree that fell as Hurricane Sandy stormed in Monday afternoon, New Canaan Selectman Nick Williams reported.
Williams first reported the incident on his Twitter feed (@NickWilliamsNC2) at 5:52 p.m. Monday, saying that New Canaan police and firefighters were responding. He reported at 6:03 p.m. that the residents were freed. The residents were not injured and are safe, Williams said later.
New Canaan emergency officials have reported at least 30 fallen trees and power lines Monday. More trees are expected to fall as Hurricane Sandy arrives on shore.
- 1 New Canaan Police Arrest Driver After High-Speed Chase
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 4 New Canaan, Darien Ranked 1-2 By MaxPreps As Football Title Game Nears
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say