NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Three people were rescued from a Woodland Road home that was hit by a tree that fell as Hurricane Sandy stormed in Monday afternoon, New Canaan Selectman Nick Williams reported.
Williams first reported the incident on his Twitter feed (@NickWilliamsNC2) at 5:52 p.m. Monday, saying that New Canaan police and firefighters were responding. He reported at 6:03 p.m. that the residents were freed. The residents were not injured and are safe, Williams said later.
New Canaan emergency officials have reported at least 30 fallen trees and power lines Monday. More trees are expected to fall as Hurricane Sandy arrives on shore.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'