NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Three people were rescued from a Woodland Road home that was hit by a tree that fell as Hurricane Sandy stormed in Monday afternoon, New Canaan Selectman Nick Williams reported.
Williams first reported the incident on his Twitter feed (@NickWilliamsNC2) at 5:52 p.m. Monday, saying that New Canaan police and firefighters were responding. He reported at 6:03 p.m. that the residents were freed. The residents were not injured and are safe, Williams said later.
New Canaan emergency officials have reported at least 30 fallen trees and power lines Monday. More trees are expected to fall as Hurricane Sandy arrives on shore.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Canaan
- 4 Missing Boater, Arrest Of Assault Suspect Top Week's News In New Canaan
- 5 New Anchor Anastos Headlines Benefit For Soup Kitchen Serving New Canaan