NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A 17-year-old New Canaan boy was arrested after he was accused of knocking his father unconscious, police told the New Canaan Advertiser.
The teen, who also damaged items in the family's home, was sent to juvenile detention in Bridgeport on Wednesday evening, Aug. 6, police said.
The father called the police upon regaining consciousness after his son punched him, police said.
The teen was charged with second-degree assault, a felony; first-degree criminal mischief, also a felony; and disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor. He was transported to Bridgeport Juvenile Detention Center.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm