NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A 17-year-old New Canaan boy was arrested after he was accused of knocking his father unconscious, police told the New Canaan Advertiser.
The teen, who also damaged items in the family's home, was sent to juvenile detention in Bridgeport on Wednesday evening, Aug. 6, police said.
The father called the police upon regaining consciousness after his son punched him, police said.
The teen was charged with second-degree assault, a felony; first-degree criminal mischief, also a felony; and disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor. He was transported to Bridgeport Juvenile Detention Center.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To New Canaan
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 New Canaan Restaurant Joins UB Fundraiser To Help Quake Victims In Nepal
- 5 New Canaan's Voices Of September 11th Plans Golf Outing