NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan man has been arrested in connection with a sexual assault reported in August by a 15-year-old girl, police said.
Isaiah Maisonette, 19, of Lakeview Avenue, was charged with second-degree assault, risk of injury to a minor and delivery of alcohol to a minor, all felonies. Maisonette turned himself in to police headquarters last Saturday.
A New Canaan girl and her parents told officers at about 5:06 a.m. Aug. 6 that the girl had been sexually assaulted, police said. New Canaan Police Sgt. Carol Ogrinc did not specify where the reported incident took place. The sexual assault charge stems from the girl’s age and her inability to give consent, police said. The age of consent in Connecticut is 16.
Maisonette was released on $100,000 bond and is scheduled to appear Oct. 19 in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You