WILTON, Conn. – A 23-year-old woman from New Canaan was arrested in Wilton and charged with drunken driving after she crashed her car and tested four times over the legal blood-alcohol limit, police said.
Stephanie Kwiatkowski, of Siwaney Lane, was traveling east on Old Huckleberry Road last Tuesday night when she drove head on into a utility pole, police said.
As part of the investigation, Kwiatkowski was asked to perform field sobriety tests, which she failed, according to the accident report. Also, her blood-alcohol content level measured 0.33, which is more than four times more than the legal limit of 0.08, the report said.
In addition to driving under the influence, Kwiatkowski was charged with failure to drive in the proper lane. She was released on a promise to appear in court Aug. 19.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend