WILTON, Conn. – A 23-year-old woman from New Canaan was arrested in Wilton and charged with drunken driving after she crashed her car and tested four times over the legal blood-alcohol limit, police said.
Stephanie Kwiatkowski, of Siwaney Lane, was traveling east on Old Huckleberry Road last Tuesday night when she drove head on into a utility pole, police said.
As part of the investigation, Kwiatkowski was asked to perform field sobriety tests, which she failed, according to the accident report. Also, her blood-alcohol content level measured 0.33, which is more than four times more than the legal limit of 0.08, the report said.
In addition to driving under the influence, Kwiatkowski was charged with failure to drive in the proper lane. She was released on a promise to appear in court Aug. 19.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced