WILTON, Conn. — A 48-year-old woman from New Canaan was arrested in Wilton on Sunday night and charged with drunken driving after empty vodka bottles were found inside the car she was driving, police said.
Gail Marie Fournier-Utschig was pulled over after police received a complaint of an erratic driver on the Merritt Parkway who had exited in Norwalk, police said. Fournier-Utschig drove through Norwalk and into Wilton, police said.
When Fournier-Utschig was stopped, the officer detected she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the police report said. The officer then spotted several empty vodka bottles inside the car, police said.
Fournier-Utschig was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and tampering with an ignition interlock device in the vehicle. She was held on $500 bond and was arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court Monday. Her next court date is May 7.
Court records show Fournier-Utschig has been convicted twice of drunk driving: once in 2008 and again last year.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn
- 4 Police: New Canaan Family Slept Through Home Break-In
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Worked For J.Crew In New Canaan