NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Another charge was lodged against a New Canaan woman after she was arrested on suspicion of stealing three sets of glasses from a local store last week, police said.
Librea Scott, 38, was also charged with second-degree violation of a condition of release, which is similar to violation of probation, said an email from Sgt. Carol Ogrinc, public information officer for the police department. Scott was originally charged with fourth-degree larceny after she was apprehended with the glasses at the train station Aug. 9, police said previously.
The owner of Spectacles in New Canaan told police that he and another employee were helping Scott, who was interested in purchasing two pairs of frames, and she took off after her debit card was declined. The two then noticed Davis Yurman eyeglass frames valued at $645, Tory Burch sunglasses valued at $195, and Lindberg eyeglass frames valued at $550, missing from the store, police said.
Police found Scott, who matched the description given by the victims at the train station and arrested her. She was also arrested on shoplifting charges at Walgreens in the end of July, police said.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape