NORWALK, Conn. – A Chicago couple who were charged with damaging property in a Norwalk hotel told police they were in town for an appearance on the TV show “Maury,” according to police reports.
Officers were called to the Doubletree Hotel on Connecticut Avenue for reports of a disturbance at about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday.
In the lobby officers spoke with Shantae McGhee-Brown, 25, of Chicago, who claimed she had gotten into an argument with her boyfriend the night before they were scheduled to appear on the talk show hosted by Maury Povich, according to the police report. The syndicated show films in Stamford.
While talking with McGhee-Brown police saw broken items in the hotel’s hallway, including a flower vase and furniture. McGhee-Brown admitted to breaking the items during the argument with her boyfriend, police said.
John Coley, 36, of Chicago was identified as the other person involved in the argument, police said. Coley was found in the same hotel and was also arrested at the scene.
Both suspects were charged with disorderly conduct and third-degree criminal mischief. McGhee-Brown was also charged with interfering with police after giving officers a false name during the booking process, police said. Both were held on a $100,000 bond and are scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued