NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The number of reported crimes in New Canaan dropped by 21 percent in 2013 compared with 2012, New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski told ctnews.com.
The statistics cover major crimes, which include burglary, assault, murder, family disputes, sex offenses, vandalism, larceny and vehicle thefts. In total, there were 216 such crimes reported in New Canaan in 2013, down from 274 in 2012 ctnews.com reported.
Krolikowski also said the department would hire two new officers, one of whom would be assigned to New Canaan High School, ctnews.com said.
“There were 23 school shootings last year, and that’s only going to increase,” Krolikowski told ctnews.com. “School safety is a big thing for me. That’s my obligation.”
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years