NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The number of reported crimes in New Canaan dropped by 21 percent in 2013 compared with 2012, New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski told ctnews.com.
The statistics cover major crimes, which include burglary, assault, murder, family disputes, sex offenses, vandalism, larceny and vehicle thefts. In total, there were 216 such crimes reported in New Canaan in 2013, down from 274 in 2012 ctnews.com reported.
Krolikowski also said the department would hire two new officers, one of whom would be assigned to New Canaan High School, ctnews.com said.
“There were 23 school shootings last year, and that’s only going to increase,” Krolikowski told ctnews.com. “School safety is a big thing for me. That’s my obligation.”
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn
- 4 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 5 Marinelli's 300th Career Win Keeps New Canaan Atop State Football Ratings