NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The number of reported crimes in New Canaan dropped by 21 percent in 2013 compared with 2012, New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski told ctnews.com.
The statistics cover major crimes, which include burglary, assault, murder, family disputes, sex offenses, vandalism, larceny and vehicle thefts. In total, there were 216 such crimes reported in New Canaan in 2013, down from 274 in 2012 ctnews.com reported.
Krolikowski also said the department would hire two new officers, one of whom would be assigned to New Canaan High School, ctnews.com said.
“There were 23 school shootings last year, and that’s only going to increase,” Krolikowski told ctnews.com. “School safety is a big thing for me. That’s my obligation.”
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State