NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan police were called to CVS to investigate reports of fraudulent credit card use Wednesday, April 16, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
A shopper described as a black female wearing dark clothing attempted to make purchases on separate debit cards, the Advertiser reported. Both purchases included $400 gift cards, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
When the manager discovered the card used for the second purchase had no security code on the back, she called the credit card company and was told the card had been flagged for potential fraud, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
The customer then left the store in a white sedan, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan