NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan police were called to CVS to investigate reports of fraudulent credit card use Wednesday, April 16, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
A shopper described as a black female wearing dark clothing attempted to make purchases on separate debit cards, the Advertiser reported. Both purchases included $400 gift cards, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
When the manager discovered the card used for the second purchase had no security code on the back, she called the credit card company and was told the card had been flagged for potential fraud, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
The customer then left the store in a white sedan, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
- 1 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan
- 5 Power Outages Restored In New Canaan