NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Police said they arrested a local man on multiple charges after a domestic incident with his wife on Wednesday, Feb. 26, according to Patch.com.
Officers responding to a report of a domestic incident found the victim with red marks and swelling around her mouth, Patch.com reported.
A protective order was on file for Benjamin Ritter, 66, to stay away after an incident in May 2013, police said. Ritter was charged him with third-degree assault, interfering with a 911 call and criminal violation of a protective order, the story said.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan