NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Police said they arrested a local man on multiple charges after a domestic incident with his wife on Wednesday, Feb. 26, according to Patch.com.
Officers responding to a report of a domestic incident found the victim with red marks and swelling around her mouth, Patch.com reported.
A protective order was on file for Benjamin Ritter, 66, to stay away after an incident in May 2013, police said. Ritter was charged him with third-degree assault, interfering with a 911 call and criminal violation of a protective order, the story said.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash