NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Police said they arrested a local man on multiple charges after a domestic incident with his wife on Wednesday, Feb. 26, according to Patch.com.
Officers responding to a report of a domestic incident found the victim with red marks and swelling around her mouth, Patch.com reported.
A protective order was on file for Benjamin Ritter, 66, to stay away after an incident in May 2013, police said. Ritter was charged him with third-degree assault, interfering with a 911 call and criminal violation of a protective order, the story said.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan