NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A New Canaan man is accused of trying to Nicorette gum to a store to get a refund -- but the box was actually filled with paper, according to a Patch.com report.
"A manager at Walgreens, suspicious at how light the Nicorette box was when he held it, looked inside and found the item that a New Canaan man was returning for a refund was filled with paper, not gum, town police said," according to the Patch report.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years