NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A New Canaan man is accused of trying to Nicorette gum to a store to get a refund -- but the box was actually filled with paper, according to a Patch.com report.
"A manager at Walgreens, suspicious at how light the Nicorette box was when he held it, looked inside and found the item that a New Canaan man was returning for a refund was filled with paper, not gum, town police said," according to the Patch report.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts