NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Police Department are promising to have "a regular presence" at the 90 Main St. temporary post office due to parking complaints, according to a report from NCAdvertiser.com.
The old post office at 2 Pine St., which had been open more than 50 years, shut down operations in January, according to previous Daily Voice reports. Mrs. Green's Natural Market, an organic grocer, has signed a lease with Elm Street Partners for that space.
New Canaan Police Capt. Vincent DeMaio told NCAdvertiser.com that "the police department continues to get complaints from Post Office users about the state of parking at the Main Street site," according to the report.
DeMaio "agreed to set up a schedule with officers periodically dropping by the Main Street location in 10- to 15-minute intervals as a means of helping calm the situation," according to the NCAdvertiser.com story.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 3 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Chance Of Storms As Workweek Starts In New Canaan