NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Police Department are promising to have "a regular presence" at the 90 Main St. temporary post office due to parking complaints, according to a report from NCAdvertiser.com.
The old post office at 2 Pine St., which had been open more than 50 years, shut down operations in January, according to previous Daily Voice reports. Mrs. Green's Natural Market, an organic grocer, has signed a lease with Elm Street Partners for that space.
New Canaan Police Capt. Vincent DeMaio told NCAdvertiser.com that "the police department continues to get complaints from Post Office users about the state of parking at the Main Street site," according to the report.
DeMaio "agreed to set up a schedule with officers periodically dropping by the Main Street location in 10- to 15-minute intervals as a means of helping calm the situation," according to the NCAdvertiser.com story.
- 1 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey
- 2 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 New Canaan Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 5 Summer That Wasn't Comes To An End In New Canaan