NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A postal worker was hit by a van on East Road in New Canaan, a statement from the police department said.
The van, driven by a 46-year-old Meriden man, was exiting a driveway and turning left when the side of the van hit the postal worker at about 12:50 p.m. Tuesday. The worker, age 53, was bent down at the time of impact, police said.
The postal worker, who is from Shelton, complained of back and foot injuries and was transported to the hospital by New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps, police said.
No enforcement action was taken because the accident took place on private property in a semicircular driveway, police said.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High