NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A postal worker was hit by a van on East Road in New Canaan, a statement from the police department said.
The van, driven by a 46-year-old Meriden man, was exiting a driveway and turning left when the side of the van hit the postal worker at about 12:50 p.m. Tuesday. The worker, age 53, was bent down at the time of impact, police said.
The postal worker, who is from Shelton, complained of back and foot injuries and was transported to the hospital by New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps, police said.
No enforcement action was taken because the accident took place on private property in a semicircular driveway, police said.
- 1 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Canaan
- 4 New Canaan Panel To Examine 'Who, What, Why' Of College Admissions Process
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Fairfield's Max Maisel