NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A postal worker was hit by a van on East Road in New Canaan, a statement from the police department said.
The van, driven by a 46-year-old Meriden man, was exiting a driveway and turning left when the side of the van hit the postal worker at about 12:50 p.m. Tuesday. The worker, age 53, was bent down at the time of impact, police said.
The postal worker, who is from Shelton, complained of back and foot injuries and was transported to the hospital by New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps, police said.
No enforcement action was taken because the accident took place on private property in a semicircular driveway, police said.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48