NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A postal worker was hit by a van on East Road in New Canaan, a statement from the police department said.
The van, driven by a 46-year-old Meriden man, was exiting a driveway and turning left when the side of the van hit the postal worker at about 12:50 p.m. Tuesday. The worker, age 53, was bent down at the time of impact, police said.
The postal worker, who is from Shelton, complained of back and foot injuries and was transported to the hospital by New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps, police said.
No enforcement action was taken because the accident took place on private property in a semicircular driveway, police said.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola