NEW CANAAN, Conn. — A postal worker was hit by a van on East Road in New Canaan, a statement from the police department said.
The van, driven by a 46-year-old Meriden man, was exiting a driveway and turning left when the side of the van hit the postal worker at about 12:50 p.m. Tuesday. The worker, age 53, was bent down at the time of impact, police said.
The postal worker, who is from Shelton, complained of back and foot injuries and was transported to the hospital by New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps, police said.
No enforcement action was taken because the accident took place on private property in a semicircular driveway, police said.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo