STAMFORD, Conn. - The Stamford Courthouse was evacuated around 11 a.m.Thursday because of a bomb threat.
A court official confirmed Thursday afternoon that a bomb threat had been made on the building. State and local police on the scene kept Hoyt Street blocked and said the building will not be re-opened until around 2 p.m.
State police also had two k-9 units at the scene.
Dominique Williams of New Haven, who was inside when evacuation happened, said fire alarms went off and someone came over the loudspeaker to tell everyone to "get out quickly."
Williams said she heard what may have been a threat to blow up the building. The evacuation happened at about 10 a.m., she said.
Check with The Stamford Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola