NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The case of a New Canaan police officer who was reportedly involved in a physical altercation at a town restaurant while off-duty is now under review by the Stamford State's Attorney's Office, the police department announced Friday.
"The New Canaan Police Department completed the investigation of the incident that occurred at Tequila Mockingbird Restaurant on February 23, 2013. The investigation is now being reviewed by the Stamford State’s Attorney’s Office," the statement said.
The officer was placed on administrative leave while the investigation continued, the police department has said previously. He was identified as Lt. Frederick Pickering in a March statement from the department.
The altercation at the New Canaan restaurant was reported by group of people, police said previously. They said someone with the off-duty officer reportedly used racially offensive language, police said previously.
- 1 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 2 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 5 New Canaan Allstate Agent Michael Saunders Honored For Service