NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The case of a New Canaan police officer who was reportedly involved in a physical altercation at a town restaurant while off-duty is now under review by the Stamford State's Attorney's Office, the police department announced Friday.
"The New Canaan Police Department completed the investigation of the incident that occurred at Tequila Mockingbird Restaurant on February 23, 2013. The investigation is now being reviewed by the Stamford State’s Attorney’s Office," the statement said.
The officer was placed on administrative leave while the investigation continued, the police department has said previously. He was identified as Lt. Frederick Pickering in a March statement from the department.
The altercation at the New Canaan restaurant was reported by group of people, police said previously. They said someone with the off-duty officer reportedly used racially offensive language, police said previously.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks