NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Three South Carolina residents were arrested in a New Canaan drug store parking lot Monday night after they tried to buy gift cards fraudulently, police said.
Officers stopped the trio in the Walgreens parking lot at 9:30 p.m. after an alert employee became suspicious of the transactions they had just done, police said.
New Canan police said it's believed the suspects may have been involved in similar schemes in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Brett R. Harvey, 28, of 501 Kenton Drive, Irmo, S.C.; Channa Nicole Holloway, 26, of 125 Rosewood Lane, Lexington, S.C.; and Tarkeisha L. Valentine, 25, of 520 Kershaw St., Aiken, S.C., were each charged with conspiracy to commit larceny in the sixth-degree.
The bond for Harvey was set at $5,000 while the bonds for Holloway and Valentine were set at $2,500 each.
Harvey has extensive criminal history in Georgia and South Carolina with many arrests for forgery, police said.
All three were transported to Norwalk Superior Court for arraignment.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In New Canaan
- 5 New Canaan Single-Family Home Price Rises 10.3 Percent