NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Democrats will host “Sounds Better Together,” a concert featuring local musicians and actors, on Sunday, Oct. 27, from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. at its newly opened headquarters at 106 Main St.
From 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., John Moses, a retired social studies teacher at Saxe Middle School, will play guitar and sing American folk songs. Also GiGi New and Nick Sadler, professional actors and filmmakers, will perform a series of inspiring readings from historical speeches.
At 5:30 p.m. a dinner buffet will be available while volunteers work on campaign activities.
Starting at 7:30 p.m. the duo, "49 Days," with Susanna Anderson and Jon Jensen, will perform classic rock favorites in an acoustic set.
There will also be a kids corner set up in the headquarters for children to do crafts and puzzles.
“We are thrilled that these local residents are lending their time and talents to bring us together in a celebration of community and civic engagement,” said Jane Himmel, Chair of the New Canaan Democratic Town Committee in a statement.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn
- 4 Marinelli's 300th Career Win Keeps New Canaan Atop State Football Ratings
- 5 Injury To Major League Catcher From New Canaan Tops Week’s News