NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Democrats will host “Sounds Better Together,” a concert featuring local musicians and actors, on Sunday, Oct. 27, from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. at its newly opened headquarters at 106 Main St.
From 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., John Moses, a retired social studies teacher at Saxe Middle School, will play guitar and sing American folk songs. Also GiGi New and Nick Sadler, professional actors and filmmakers, will perform a series of inspiring readings from historical speeches.
At 5:30 p.m. a dinner buffet will be available while volunteers work on campaign activities.
Starting at 7:30 p.m. the duo, "49 Days," with Susanna Anderson and Jon Jensen, will perform classic rock favorites in an acoustic set.
There will also be a kids corner set up in the headquarters for children to do crafts and puzzles.
“We are thrilled that these local residents are lending their time and talents to bring us together in a celebration of community and civic engagement,” said Jane Himmel, Chair of the New Canaan Democratic Town Committee in a statement.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 New Canaan Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms
- 5 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan