NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan town officials passed a $138 million budget for 2014-15 during a meeting on Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Due to property revaluation, which made for a Grand List that totaled $246.9 million less than the town’s previous assessment, the mill rate will increase by 6.37 percent to 15.515 mills, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Although the mill rate increase may seem substantial, original budget requests would have required a jump of 12.8 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, New Canaan
- 2 Officials Hail New Gates At Notorious Rail Crossing On New Canaan Branch
- 3 Surge Of Warm Weather Heads For New Canaan
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says