NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan town officials passed a $138 million budget for 2014-15 during a meeting on Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Due to property revaluation, which made for a Grand List that totaled $246.9 million less than the town’s previous assessment, the mill rate will increase by 6.37 percent to 15.515 mills, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Although the mill rate increase may seem substantial, original budget requests would have required a jump of 12.8 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday