NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan town officials passed a $138 million budget for 2014-15 during a meeting on Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Due to property revaluation, which made for a Grand List that totaled $246.9 million less than the town’s previous assessment, the mill rate will increase by 6.37 percent to 15.515 mills, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Although the mill rate increase may seem substantial, original budget requests would have required a jump of 12.8 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 NBC To Donald Trump: 'You're Fired!'