NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan town officials passed a $138 million budget for 2014-15 during a meeting on Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Due to property revaluation, which made for a Grand List that totaled $246.9 million less than the town’s previous assessment, the mill rate will increase by 6.37 percent to 15.515 mills, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Although the mill rate increase may seem substantial, original budget requests would have required a jump of 12.8 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan