NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan town officials passed a $138 million budget for 2014-15 during a meeting on Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Due to property revaluation, which made for a Grand List that totaled $246.9 million less than the town’s previous assessment, the mill rate will increase by 6.37 percent to 15.515 mills, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Although the mill rate increase may seem substantial, original budget requests would have required a jump of 12.8 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary