NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan town officials passed a $138 million budget for 2014-15 during a meeting on Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Due to property revaluation, which made for a Grand List that totaled $246.9 million less than the town’s previous assessment, the mill rate will increase by 6.37 percent to 15.515 mills, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Although the mill rate increase may seem substantial, original budget requests would have required a jump of 12.8 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 New Canaan Democrats Named To Posts On Town Boards
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M