NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Electronics, jewelry and other valuables have been stolen from two New Canaan homes in the past two days, prompting police to urge residents to lock doors and set their alarms.
A home on North Wilton Road was broken into Wednesday day between noon and 3 p.m. Another burglary occurred on Long Lots Road between the same times on Tuesday, New Canaan police said.
Electronics, jewelry and other valuables were taken from both homes, New Canaan police said.
A blue Toyota minivan with Florida plates and no rear hubcaps was scene in the area of Tuesday's break-in. A passenger in the van was described as a muscular 40-year-old, New Canaan police said.
The people in van may have been "posing as newspaper delivery people," New Canaan police said in a news release.
Anyone who sees anything suspicious or who has more information, can call the New Canaan Police Department at 203-594-3500 or via 911, in the case of an emergency.
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State