NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Electronics, jewelry and other valuables have been stolen from two New Canaan homes in the past two days, prompting police to urge residents to lock doors and set their alarms.
A home on North Wilton Road was broken into Wednesday day between noon and 3 p.m. Another burglary occurred on Long Lots Road between the same times on Tuesday, New Canaan police said.
Electronics, jewelry and other valuables were taken from both homes, New Canaan police said.
A blue Toyota minivan with Florida plates and no rear hubcaps was scene in the area of Tuesday's break-in. A passenger in the van was described as a muscular 40-year-old, New Canaan police said.
The people in van may have been "posing as newspaper delivery people," New Canaan police said in a news release.
Anyone who sees anything suspicious or who has more information, can call the New Canaan Police Department at 203-594-3500 or via 911, in the case of an emergency.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 2 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Target, With Four Fairfield County Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs