NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The town of New Canaan is looking at a budget for 2014-15 that would include a $5.8 million spending increase, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The biggest drivers of the budget increase come from pensions, which would increase 161 percent; capital budgets, up 52 percent; and medical benefits, which would increase 12 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
- 1 New Canaan Police Officer Comes To Rescue Of Choking Victim
- 2 New Canaan Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 3 Stamford's Riko's A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 4 New Canaan Student Arrested At School On Pot Charges
- 5 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol