NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The town of New Canaan is looking at a budget for 2014-15 that would include a $5.8 million spending increase, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The biggest drivers of the budget increase come from pensions, which would increase 161 percent; capital budgets, up 52 percent; and medical benefits, which would increase 12 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts