NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The town of New Canaan is looking at a budget for 2014-15 that would include a $5.8 million spending increase, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The biggest drivers of the budget increase come from pensions, which would increase 161 percent; capital budgets, up 52 percent; and medical benefits, which would increase 12 percent, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money