NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- All registered registered Republicans in New Canaan can vote in Tuesday's primary to choose a gubernatorial candidate for the fall election, and those living in the 142nd House District are eligible to vote for a candidate to replace retiring House Minority Leader Larry Cafero.
Republican voters across New Canaan will head to the the polls to vote for either Tom Foley or John McKinney. The winner will be on the ballot in November against Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy.
Republicans can also ballots for candidates for the following offices:
- Lieutenant governor: Penny Bacchiochi, Heather Somers or David M. Walker
- Comptroller: Sharon J. McLaughlin or Angel Cadena
In the 142nd District, Fred Wilms is running against Emily Wilson in the Republican primary. The winner will take on former Norwalk Town Clerk Andy Garfunkel, a Democrat, in the fall election. The 142nd District, which includes part of New Canaan and Norwalk, is vacant due to Cafero's retirement.
Polling stations will be open for all registered Republicans and Democrats at these locations:
- District One: New Canaan High School
- District Two: Saxe Middle School
- District Three: Saxe Middle School
All polling stations will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. statewide.
Voters can go online to the website for the Secretary of the State at www.sots.ct.gov/vote to see whether they are registered to vote and where their polling place is located.
Voters can also check their polling place here: www.votinginfoproject.org/vit/view/ct_primary_election_2014, a website developed by the Pew Charitable Trusts Voting Information Project in partnership with Google and Microsoft.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash