NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Town Council approved a $138 million budget during its meeting Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan News.
The $138,303,112 budget for fiscal year 2015 is a 4.74 percent increase from fiscal year 2014, according to the report. The amount includes all town operating expenses, debt service, capital expenditures and Board of Education operating expenses, according to the report.
Councilmen Roger Williams and John Emert held the dissenting votes for the Board of Education's operating budget as well as a $464,493 capital expenditure for wireless infrastructure upgrades at Saxe Middle School and the high school, according to the report.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48