NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Town Council approved a $138 million budget during its meeting Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan News.
The $138,303,112 budget for fiscal year 2015 is a 4.74 percent increase from fiscal year 2014, according to the report. The amount includes all town operating expenses, debt service, capital expenditures and Board of Education operating expenses, according to the report.
Councilmen Roger Williams and John Emert held the dissenting votes for the Board of Education's operating budget as well as a $464,493 capital expenditure for wireless infrastructure upgrades at Saxe Middle School and the high school, according to the report.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued