NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Town Council approved a $138 million budget during its meeting Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan News.
The $138,303,112 budget for fiscal year 2015 is a 4.74 percent increase from fiscal year 2014, according to the report. The amount includes all town operating expenses, debt service, capital expenditures and Board of Education operating expenses, according to the report.
Councilmen Roger Williams and John Emert held the dissenting votes for the Board of Education's operating budget as well as a $464,493 capital expenditure for wireless infrastructure upgrades at Saxe Middle School and the high school, according to the report.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan