NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Town Council approved a $138 million budget during its meeting Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan News.
The $138,303,112 budget for fiscal year 2015 is a 4.74 percent increase from fiscal year 2014, according to the report. The amount includes all town operating expenses, debt service, capital expenditures and Board of Education operating expenses, according to the report.
Councilmen Roger Williams and John Emert held the dissenting votes for the Board of Education's operating budget as well as a $464,493 capital expenditure for wireless infrastructure upgrades at Saxe Middle School and the high school, according to the report.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts