NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Town Council approved a $138 million budget during its meeting Wednesday, April 9, according to the New Canaan News.
The $138,303,112 budget for fiscal year 2015 is a 4.74 percent increase from fiscal year 2014, according to the report. The amount includes all town operating expenses, debt service, capital expenditures and Board of Education operating expenses, according to the report.
Councilmen Roger Williams and John Emert held the dissenting votes for the Board of Education's operating budget as well as a $464,493 capital expenditure for wireless infrastructure upgrades at Saxe Middle School and the high school, according to the report.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola