NEW CANAAN,, Conn. – Thomas O'Dea has won the race to represent New Canaan and Wilton in the 125th House District. O'Dea received 6,944 votes to challenger Mark Robbins' total of 3,749 in Tuesday’s election.
The final totals do not include New Canaan's absentee votes.
O’Dea, the Republican candidate, was running to keep the state representative seat in Republican hands and succeed the retiring Rep. John Hetherington. O’Dea, an attorney, is currently a member of the New Canaan Town Council.
Robbins, the Democrat, was making his first run for elected office. He currently serves on the New Canaan Conservation Commission and is the founder of MHR Development.
Green Party Candidate David Bedell, a teacher, was also in the race, garnering 188 votes.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape