NEW CANAAN,, Conn. – Thomas O'Dea has won the race to represent New Canaan and Wilton in the 125th House District. O'Dea received 6,944 votes to challenger Mark Robbins' total of 3,749 in Tuesday’s election.
The final totals do not include New Canaan's absentee votes.
O’Dea, the Republican candidate, was running to keep the state representative seat in Republican hands and succeed the retiring Rep. John Hetherington. O’Dea, an attorney, is currently a member of the New Canaan Town Council.
Robbins, the Democrat, was making his first run for elected office. He currently serves on the New Canaan Conservation Commission and is the founder of MHR Development.
Green Party Candidate David Bedell, a teacher, was also in the race, garnering 188 votes.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Woman Reports $100K In Jewelry Stolen From Home
- 3 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Young New Canaan Runners Take 3rd In Wilton Cross Country Race
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead