GREENWICH, Conn. – It’s a conundrum. You want to buy a Fairfield County home that features a rustic, spacious, barn-like space, but you also crave the traditional appearance of a formal, classic Greenwich home.
A Georgian-style home set on five acres at 50 Zaccheus Mead Lane in Greenwich, has five bedrooms and five bathrooms. It also features amenities such as fireplaces in the living and dining rooms and a pine-paneled library and family room.
The home also claims an uncommon attribute: a soaring barn that is its living room, complete with “double-height windows and 31-foot ridge with massive stone fireplaces at each end,” said listing agent Diddle McAllister.
The home was was completely updated in 2000, from the interiors to the landscaping and pool. But, said McAllister, the renovation was far from routine: “Everything about the project was notable, particularly using 18th and 19th century materials – such as incorporating elements from an 1820-era New Hampshire barn for use throughout the living room.”
If you're looking for a barn and a home under one roof, look no further than 50 Zaccheus Mead Lane, for sale at $6,695,000.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 2 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 New Canaan Student Lays Wreath For Soldier At Arlington Cemetery