Today's affluent consumers are putting more thought into the value and quality of homes than ever before. The Internet has made finding information as easy as a finger flick on a smartphone. Consequently, real estate agents must increase their education about luxury markets and be able to disseminate their knowledge quickly. Consumers want instant gratification and the best value for their money.
• Buyers and sellers want an agent who has knowledge of the international market.
• They want to know whether an agent has a good reputation with colleagues, the length of time on the market for past sales and the number of homes currently listed.
• Trust is important. Clients want to be sure they are choosing the right person and that the agent will be reliable and keep them informed throughout the selling process.
• Effective marketing helps agents get listings. According to Luxury Portfolio, 82 percent of consumers said they wanted their agent to be affiliated with a strong network.
William Raveis Real Estate is affiliated with Luxury Portfolio International, and Raveis' agents get the best global representation for their high-end clients. Sellers want to know that agents are promoting homes online via websites, social media and digital magazines, such as the most recent magazine offered by William Raveis Exceptional Properties Division.
• Good web tracking tools are a key component to attracting high-end clients. The right tools allow a consumer to see how many people are looking at their property and where the most views are coming, by country, language or currency. This information helps the agent know where to focus advertising and which sources receive the highest traffic for online home searches.
Today's affluent consumers are knowledgeable when it comes to picking the right agent. Agents who are up to the task and who understand consumers' interests and passions will be guaranteed new partnerships.