NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan High School has announced that 15 seniors have been named Commended Students in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program.
According to the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, "About 34,000 Commended Students throughout the nation are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise. Although they will not continue in the 2014 competition for National Merit Scholarship awards, Commended Students placed among the top five percent of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2014 competition by taking the 2012 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test."
New Canaan seniors being named Commended Students are Gita Abhiraman, Samantha Ashley, Courtney Blaylock, Jeffrey Chen, Theodore Christian, Nathalie Deney, Virginia Farley, Alexandra Klapper, Isabel Lawrence, Olivia Oehmler, Caroline Owen, Kenneth Pascal, Elizabeth Perry, Harriet Prior and Alejandra Zamora.
Each student will receive a letter of commendation in recognition of their achievement.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced