NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan High School has announced that 15 seniors have been named Commended Students in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program.
According to the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, "About 34,000 Commended Students throughout the nation are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise. Although they will not continue in the 2014 competition for National Merit Scholarship awards, Commended Students placed among the top five percent of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2014 competition by taking the 2012 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test."
New Canaan seniors being named Commended Students are Gita Abhiraman, Samantha Ashley, Courtney Blaylock, Jeffrey Chen, Theodore Christian, Nathalie Deney, Virginia Farley, Alexandra Klapper, Isabel Lawrence, Olivia Oehmler, Caroline Owen, Kenneth Pascal, Elizabeth Perry, Harriet Prior and Alejandra Zamora.
Each student will receive a letter of commendation in recognition of their achievement.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48