FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Thirteen students at Fairfield Prep received commendations from the National Merit Scholarship program this fall.
The students earned the honor based on their scores from their PSAT exams last fall. About 50,000 students across the country receive awards from the National Merit Scholars program each year.
Prep senior Kevin Culligan of Newtown was named a National Merit semifinalist for his performance on the test. The honor puts him among the 15,000 students nationwide that are eligible for National Merit Scholarships. Twelve others were named Commended Students, who do not qualify for awards but scored among the top 4 percent of test-takers nationwide.
Front row from left: Robert Perrotta, principal, James V. Monroe (Easton), Christopher J. Collins (Weston), David L. Maloof (Darien), Matthew T. Kiernan (Fairfield), Matthew M. Noone (Stamford), Carter White (Ridgefield) and the Rev. John J. Hanwell, S.J., president. Back row from left: Austin M. Trotta (Southport), Owen J. Gibson (Redding), Kevin J. Culligan (semi-finalist, Newtown), Evan C. Field (Fairfield), Christopher T. Meyer (New Canaan), Nicholas A. Martinez (Sandy Hook) and Christopher T. Conway (Fairfield).
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year