NEW CANAAN, Conn. — The sun shined down on New Canaan High School’s Class of 2013 on Friday evening as seniors received their diplomas and ended their time in the high school.
In the class of more than 300, about 60 of the students were members of the National Honor Society.
The class didn’t have far to go to find a guest speaker as Richard “Deej” Webb, chairman of the social studies department, took the honor. He also serves as the class adviser and was an influential person for the graduates over the past four years.
Webb is the co-producer, co-director, and historian for "Scott & Zelda: Westport, Connecticut and its Influence on 'The Great Gatsby,'" a documentary on the summer of 1920 and a new look at F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, "The Great Gatsby." He will also be working with secondary schools in Jerusalem and the United States to create a curriculum on civil rights and peace-building.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'